Dear Parents/Caregivers and Community Members,
We are pleased to announce that JIS will be organising its 1st Annual COLOUR RUN on Sunday 16th June, 2019. The event promises to be a fun-filled morning for the whole community with events for all ages. For those unfamiliar with colour runs, the mission of the Colour Run is to “bring people together and make the world a happier, healthier place.” During a Colour Run, as runners run along the course, they pass dye stations where different colored cornstarch based powder is thrown on to them. Participants ideally wear a white shirt of their own at the start line and finish the race plastered in color. All participants receive sunglasses with their registration which are mandatory to wear during the race. (Please note, there will be a non-dye lane set up at each station to run without colour if you wish). Once the race is over, the fun continues at the Finish Festival, with some live music, photo ops, activity booths, and drink vendors.
100% of the profits from this year’s run will be donated to UNICEF’s efforts to improving world health - specifically for Polio Vaccines.
There are 3 run categories:
7.30am 3km - run (all ages) & 5km - run (year 7 and over)
7.45am 1km - Fun run/walk (all ages).
- All categories will have a B$20 entry fee.
- Registration: opens on Friday 19th April, 2019 & closes 11:45 am Friday 24th May, 2019.
- Please bring your registration fee and entry form to the Accounts Counter in the school shop at the Visitors’ Centre during their hours of operation or register/ pay online (see entry form).
- You must bring your receipt with you on the morning of the run to receive your race pack which includes your bib/runner number and your sunglasses.
- Please note this a non-medal event so that the maximum financial donation can be made
Please also bring a refillable water bottle rather than single use plastic to help us in our commitment to protecting our beautiful Brunei environment!
We look forward to seeing many of you and your families on Sunday 16th June, 2019.